Caring Canines Pet Therapy Teams
Caring Canines is a pet therapy program created by Dogwood Acres Pet Retreat to provide certified pet therapy teams who offer unconditional love and a peaceful presence to those in need in our community.
Caring Canine’s mission is to partner with local organizations to provide volunteer pet therapy teams who enrich lives by promoting physical and emotional health, and to help comfort and bring happiness to those in need.
Therapy Opportunities are Limitless:
- Peaceful presence for hospice patients, residents of assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and hospital patients of all ages.
- Reading companionship for child literacy programs.
- Comforting support for victims of domestic violence.
- Soothing care for victims of natural disasters.
- Stress relief for caregivers, students, employees, and anyone in need.
Start by contacting us. We will first guide you through the certification process. Once certified, we will help you determine the best therapy match for and your pet through our program partnerships.
Join Our Community
Visit Caring Canines on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest Caring Canines news, events, and to see just how our pet therapy teams make a difference in the life of others in need!
What Makes Our Teams Special?
Our registered pet therapy teams are screened, tested and qualified in temperament and skills for animal-assisted interactions.
Become a Pet Therapy Team
We will guide you through the certification process and help you determine the best therapy match for you and your pet.
Through Our Program Partnerships, Volunteer Opportunities are Limitless!